Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bought new gadget due to lightning strike

One day while coming back from work at 7pm I realize that my 19 inch LCD is not working, my modem has only 1 light blinking and my network card has busted. The funny thing is that my dad has already switch off all the plugs at 5pm that day and that on the same day I read the newspaper that there is an ang moh saying that we are quiet ignorant when our country has lots of lightning strike in Malaysia. Looks like even though the plug have been switch off, the lightning still travels from the phone/modem line. Good thing my CPU is relatively working. I use the word relatively as it is still working but now it takes longer time to load. So i am not sure whether there is anything wrong with the CPU.

Now that my electrical gadget has busted and the sadness has dissipated, its time for shopping! I have wanted to fix a wireless connection for a long time and upgrade my LCD but never really got a chance to upgrade since my present ones are working fine till now.

Bought a D-Link Wireless Modem Router DSL-2640T, TP-Link 54Mbps Wireless USB Adapter TL-WN321G and a Samsung B2230 LCD. Price for the modem is RM175 bought from Grex Multimedia which is more expensive than PC Fair price of around RM168. For the TP Link Wireless USB adapter bought for RM38. The price is reasonable compare to Belkin which is around RM50 for the same type of models. The Samsung LCD bought for RM539. Also bought a surge protector this time. I bought the Surge Strip Surge Protector from Belkin - Economy series for RM59 from E Cube Trading. Interestingly Grex Multimedia sold the same surge protector more expensive by about RM10-RM20. This is to share which shop to avoid if you decide to buy any PC equipment. All in all I spend RM811 as a result of a lightning strike. Moral of the story, better be save then sorry pls buy a good surge protector!!

Related Topics:
Samsung SyncMaster B2230 Unboxing / Review
BELKIN Surge Strip Surge Protector - Economy series F9E410sa2M (Unboxing/Review)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails