Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Putting on braces on the top row

Finally after weeks of waiting i manage to put on braces on my top teeth. I waited so long that my feeling of fear has turn to anticipation. Its like "screw the pain and just bring it on~!!"

I m glad that the putting on braces is non painfull but my mouth feel very numb from opening it for long duration. When gargle that time i could not close my mouth properly.

I did not really ask him the procedure today. I know the purpose is to loosen the teeth first. When the teeth are loosen only he will thighten the braces. Tat why it wont be painful today. What i notice is that he will put some kind of acid on my teeth - gargle - put gum on bracket and stick it on every teeth -let it dry - put wire - tighten the wire with rubber band and a kind of steel. We can choose the rubber band color and i have chosen light pink! I thought of trying the hot pink but i cant imagine how it will look like so its better to choose light color. I think choosing the color that u like give u a kind of moral boost when u look at the mirror~ another 3 weeks of waiting for my next appointment in which he will check my top teeth then only do braces on my bottom row.

On the same day i ate fried chicken but i cant tear the meat using the front teeth. So what i do is that i tear up the meat into tiny pcs and insert into my mouth and ate using my back teeth. On the next day my front teeth are even more useless. The root has loosen a little so even normal grinding teeth to teeth will be painful. Today i ate porridge-pork ball-vege. When i eat the pork ball i have to shred it into tiny pcs and use back teeth to chew. The vege turn out surprisingly harder to chew than the meat cos the vege will get stuck in the braces. At one point i choke cos the vege trap between the back braces and my throat! Now that i have to eat those porridge, i feel hungry really easily. To me the feeling of hunger is more miserable than the braces.

When i clean my teeth after eating i will be a bit paranoid of checking any food stuck in my teeth. I could not imagine a vege wedges stuck in my teeth for days without realizing it. When i eat rice it will definitely trap in my braces. Rice are simple to remove. I just have to gargle first before brushing. When brushing, the doctor has given me a special brush which i can only brush left and right at the braces.

Now third day i still eat very slowly but getting use to the sensation. Overall i am coping well with it. But i am going to get multivitamin and protein powder next. Cos i have a hard time eating so i wont be able to eat many things and second the protein will make me feel satiated and full. The protein can use as quick fix for breakfast too. The protein just add 1 scoop and 1 cup of water and ta da~

1 comment:

Robin Maner said...

It's really tough during the first few days of having braces. Like a baby, you will have to eat soft food and tear the big chunks into smaller pieces. But there's a bright side there: you get to eat healthier food. I hope you took the opportunity to munch on veggies and fruits while you still had no choice. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails