Thursday, November 1, 2007

3 month check up~ laser eye optimax

I just had my 3 month check up~ look like my result are quite stable. My left side is astig 25 while right side power is 0~!! Which means perfect vision. Haha i am happy with the result... hope my power will remain in that range...

I ask my optometrist a few question about my eyes. some q concern after surgery effect and some question applies to everyone in general.

1. Sometimes my eyes are dry after surgery. Why is that so?
- When the flap on the eyes are cut, some of the tissue are remove thus making the eyes dry. Dry eyes also depend what activity u are doing. If u are in air cond room for many hours then ur eye will definitely be dry. If u watch tv/pc/reading then ur eyes can be dry because we stare at the object and blink less when we do this activity. When we blink less then the eyes cannot produce tears to lubricate. So dont forget to blink or remember take break to avoid short sight too.

2. After surgery, i am more sensitive to the light. Why is that so?
- Contact lenses and spectacle has a 70% rate of UV protection. This is why ppl who wear them are not prone to be sensitive to the light compare with ppl who dont wear them. So after surgery its best to wear sunglasses. This also applies to ppl who have good eye sight and dont wear glasses. Sunglasses function as a prevention of cataract.

3.What kind of sunglasses should i get?
This question are answered by my brother in law~ he say that when we wear sunglasses our pupil are enlarge. So they absorb more light compare to not wearing. Therefore its best to get sunglasses that fully cover ur eye because light come from every direction. If ur sunglasses has hole (usually located at the side or bottom) then light can enter.

4.Can i lie down on bed and read with a reading light at the back?
No! You will strain ur eyes if u lie down and read. This is cos when u lie down u tend to put the book near ur face, ur eyes will go to the centre and add strain to it. So even if u have a light at the back also u will get short sight. That is apparently how i get most of my short sight! The correct method is to sit up and put the book on the table. Your eyes will look downward and there is a good distance for the eyes to be comfortable with.

5. Why cant i watch tv/comp in the dark?
This will add strain to the eyes. Because the light come from the center and all other place are dark. This add strain to the eyes. When in dark ur pupil will enlarge but a lot of light will enter from the centre. This can make u short sight fast.

6. How did i get astigmatism?
Astigmatism can be because of pressure on the eye. If u have swollen eye lid, which add pressure to the eye, then u can get higher astig which is temporary. But i still not clear on this topic~~ if u noe then tell me yeah :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the info!
Ive decided to go to optimax and have my eyes fixed now :)

<3 Morgan ^_^;;

Yvonne said...

Glad that u find my blog helpful... pls tell me ur result once u laser ur eyes ok? Good luck and god bless =)

Beauty Scribbler said...

I found your blog after searching about how to tilt my Samsung monitor, but realised your blog started out as a blog about your laser eye surgery - which I've also just had and blogged about! Although I had Epi-LASEK not LASIK.

Really interesting about why reading lying down and reading in the dark makes you short-sighted. I definitely did both of these a lot when I was a child. No wonder my sight (and my siblings') got so bad so quickly, and my parents' eyes were always 20:20! If only I'd known at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails