Thursday, August 23, 2007

Part 2: Check up at Optimax (Malaysia)

Check up is the first process in the laser eye treatment. Only after the check up u will noe which treatment is suitable for u. So there is no point choosing the treatment first. If u want to budget try budget according to their most expensive package. Many ppl relate the power of their eyes as a suitability factor for the treatment but actually there are other factors involve. Basically in the check up they look at power, thickness of cornea, pupil length, tear duct and any disease.

My eye power is -6.00, I have thick cornea and my pupil is 6.5 (mid-long). Therefore I am entitle for LASIK, INTRA LASIK (CONVENTIONAL), and CUSTOM INTRALASIK. I choose the custom one because my pupil is near the margin of long (their long is 6.6) and I want to avoid risk of permanent halos and starburst. They will check other things like glaucoma, illness and ur tear duct. Then they dilate ur pupil to look inside.

Next is counseling. They mainly explain to u the process, the side effect, risk and if u have question, ask them now. After they dilate ur pupil, u will feel like u have "reading glasses" so when u want to read Q from a paper (BIG TIP) its best u print it big font and remove specs. This way u can see

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails