Sunday, March 18, 2018

Where to buy Essential Oil from Malaysia (Online) & How to spot Fake Essential Oil

I am starting my journey on essential oil and pinterest has various good tips on the area of essential oils.

Sourcing for essential oil can be overwhelming. There are so many essential oil brands with different price ranged. I wanted to avoid synthetic and adulterated essential oil. After all I wanted to gain the benefits from using essential oil. Using fake ones will just backfire on me or waste my money. At the same time, I wanted to try many scents and I would rather avoid direct sales essential oil as I do not have a big budget.

So the mission should you accept it, is to find an affordable essential oil that is genuine, smells good and stick with it!

I find that this video in YouTube gave good tips on how to spot a pure essential oil to a fake one. However some of the points can still be abuse by companies who just wanted to make a quick buck.
One of the points that I was interested in experimenting is the Oily test (Point 5 @ 2.38minue).
"How to spot Fake Essential Oils by The English Aromatherapist"

It says that most true essential oil will not leave a oily residue if drop on the sheet of white paper with exception of some heavy base notes. If there is an oily residue, then it has been likely stretch with carrier oil which is common for cheaper essential oil in the market.

I have experimented on this points.
Albeit I am just starting and certain brands, I only had 1 bottles while other brands I had more.

I won't be taking a picture and posting the results yet. Cause it just a white sheet of paper for those that pass.

If you wanted to do your own test, just draw on a paper a box, write the brand and 1 drop of essential oil. Set it aside and check the next day.

Brands that pass the test:
1. NOW essential oil - I have tested the Lavender, Clove, Cinnamon, Rosemary, Peppermint, Citronella, Lemongrass. All of them does not have any leftover oily residue on the paper. I find that the smell are lasting (in the bottle even after 1 year) and the Lavender, Clove & Rosemary do not have a heady smell which some people tend to be sensitive to. It suit budget conscious people who wants quality essential oil. This brand is available in IHerb and it can be ship to Malaysia. Use code ASK7366 to obtain a 5% discount
2. KOSMO. My hubby bought from a shop. It is a Made in Malaysia brand. I tested the lemongrass aroma oil.
3. Derma Health (Australia) Pty Ltd - I tested the Lavender Organic Essential Oil. I bought from Lazada.

Brands that do not pass the test: (I did not want to highlight this, but this posting will also serve as my own record for my future reference. So I will write with some *** as this post is not meant to bash the one that did not pass)
1. BioFi***t - I tested orange, lavender and ylang ylang. All of them have oily residue. Frankly the smell of the essential oil fades after a few months with the exception of ylang ylang. It is written on the bottle that it is a therapeutic grade and that it is pure essential oil which I am highly skeptical. I bought from Qoo10. I tried to utilize this brand heavily just so that I could finish and move on from my disappointment. I would never buy this brand again.

Brands that I have the stock and yet to be tested. I am just going thru with my existing stocks before plunging thru my new toys.
Aura Cacia - Lavender, Lemon, Vetiver, Wild Marjoram and Texas Cedarwood (IHerb)
Nature's answer - Lavender organic Essential Oil (IHerb)

Brands that I would like to buy
Plant therapy - I have read really good reviews on this brand and I saw on their official website (USA) that if you buy USD50 above, the International shipping is free. If you are a complete beginner, you could get their set as it is cheaper compared to buying them separately. This would be my next targeted website to purchase. I notice if you sign up then you will get a discount voucher - The offer appear randomly when I surf the website via  my PC.

So what brand do you use and have you tried the Oily test? Let share your results!

1 comment:

GLOW said...

Thank you for sharing that detail. It was fascinating and insightful. they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.
essential oil malaysia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails